Twice a month at CCC we head out into the city to provide food and clothing to the homeless community of Austin. We have teams that prepare the food and drive a food truck around distributing the items. We do this on the first and third Thursday of each month. We meet at 5pm to prepare the food and take the truck out from 6pm – 8pm.Sign up for our next Truck Run
Snack Pack Events
Once a quarter we do a Snack Pack Event where we prepare Zip Loc baggies filled with food and hygiene items that people place in their cars and distribute to people on the streets throughout the week.
You can also help by donating items that we need to do the job. Below is a list of what is needed (donations can be brought to the CHI Street table in the CCC lobby):
- Blankets (any kind as long as it is clean)
- Yarn (we have women who are knitting hats)
- Bread for sandwiches
- Hard boiled eggs
- Peanut butter and/or Jelly
- Back packs
- Individually wrapped cookies (homemade or store bought like snack size Oreos)
- Or you could just donate some money to purchase some of this stuff
If you are wanting to serve please sign up by clicking the button below. Choose from the drop down menu which dates you would like to serve and you should receive a confirmation email upon completion of the form.I want to serve!